Saturday, February 25, 2023

Loss for one, Gain for another, or, How Imi got a Third Leg

Jasmine strode to the infirmary/library on the direction of local NPCs. She looked through the door, assessing the situation inside.

Jaku just scoffed at Imi's words as he looked to the side, eying the one she was questioning about through the door. Soon after, he would be grumbling something in giant as he looked for somewhere to sit. "Mmm..." he mumbled as he heard Alex begin to speak. Now that he seemed able, he would just watch over him the best he could.

ImiYem would see Jaku ignore her questions and she would purse her lip.  At that very moment she sees the dark female looking through the window and would slip to the door, opening it slightly "Do you know anything about this crime?"  she asks, not opening the door fully, just standing in it, staring out at Jasmine.

Alex shakes his head "You are doing quite wonderfully so far... I think...She put a hole in one of my lungs...I am still aching throughout... if my knee is anything to go by... I am unsure of how to proceed.... Most of my body is rotten or corrupted by her... She... was keeping me alive. Without that, i am unsure Mundane work like we do is a possible fix... Ive taken the wounds of so many patients over the years..." He looks to Imi, attempting to sit up. "Alex... You and i met by the gate... am i misremembering...?" Alex holds his head, it surely felt he was having problems. He tilts his head to the side "She saved my sorry ass, a welcome friend miss." He weakly shouts.

Jasmine took a small step back, allowing Imi to exit, and question her, "Crime?" she asks, "I see an injured man, being brought to a healer." She tilted her head, "After the injury in question was kept from being an outright murder... so yes, I guess I am aware of this ... incident." her voice was low, calm, monotone, her face stoic.. However, she looked neatly pressed, clean, hair still slightly damp... as if she scrubbed the shit out of herself after that...exorcism as it were...if it could be called that. She then heard Alex call weakly from within, and looked back to Imi, giving her a small shrug

Jaku yelled out "AYE!" at the last bit of what Alex said. He'd quickly go back to grumbling expletives in giant as he crossed his arms and laid back on the wall behind him...

ImiYem heard Alex, which surprised her for she really didnt recognize him as the crippled male, she would turn and open the door, gesturing for Jasmine to enter freely, but not speaking. for she is sure she could judge for herself what is going on...

Galen Would attempt to open his channel to the fates again and attempt to channel his fate energy through his hands  in attempt to heal the shadow energy to counteract it with his fate energy breathing deeply attempting to keep the connection open until he would begin to lose strength himself

Jasmine stepped inside, and looked to Galen, "Galen." She addressed him quietly, "Nice to see you here. Think you can get this? Or should I dig around the hold for some... assistance?" she glanced around the room, looking then to Jaku as he cursed under his breath. She then rested her eyes on Alexander, "I don't believe we properly met, and before you die, IF you do, I am Jasmine, Captain of the Briny Maid. We're at port past the docks of the Claw's territory." she looked to Jaku and nodded, "Well met, to you too, Goliath."

"Do not push yourself, please. its alright... you" Alexander stated, then coughs and spits a bit more blood. "Brought me back from the brink... enough for now anyways. I am not looking forward to the infection that is coming." Alex looks down. He gently pokes at one of the very dead eyeballs by his knee. He flicks it and... doesn't flinch! He looks up to Jasmine "Alexander... seems i am not gone yet. so at least i have a chance to thank you." 

 ImiYem would now just observe.  Listening and trying to figure out what will appear in her final report.

Galen exclaimed "Jasmine! Get in here and explain exactly what happened! and please cooperate with the guard I do not need you getting yourself arrested and yest it's me Galen." His tone was both annoyed and yet tinged with affection.

With those words from Alex, Jaku would cross his arms and got comfortable in the seat as his eyes started to close..

Jasmine nodded to Alexander, and tilted her head, "A good dip in some sea water could eat out infections... but sometimes, that's not the best idea." she curled a bit of a grin. "I fully have NO Intention of being arrested for helping save someone's life." She slid her eyes over to the Elf, the smirk still not leaving her lips, "I am sure this guard is wise enough to hear the whole story, from witnesses...however, one of which, I am not going to bring out to see the light of day any time soon."

ImiYem watched the interaction between the priest and the ships captain. her eyes go to Jasmine, just listening now, but clearly taking notes.

Galen turns back to the patient and checking their vitals  looking for anything else that needs healed his hands would stop glowing for the moment as he took a couple of breath

Alex frowns, he tries to sit up more, daring to stand. he winces when the knee makes a dry snapping noise. Whatever rotten and dried Sinue is left... is not going to hold weight any time soon. He plops back down to the ground, grimacing "Please." He tiredly jokes at Jasmine's mention of the entity. "Jasmine helped withdraw an entity from my body. many of my wounds were here before..." Alex states "Jaku carried me to the nearest infirmary... speaking of which..." he looks back at the library, the back half was still destroyed from Elenore's fight with another man before "Why... here...? Where did the young man go...?" He mutters to himself. Alex seemed confused until he saw the drag marks leading out. ((there was a fight here earlier in the day)) Alex chooses to remain quiet about it for now. Imi had enough on her plate.Some of alex's wounds do close up a little, even the corrupted ones. "Progress..." he mutters.

Jasmine watched her old friend and the one called Alexander, and then looked to Imi, "So, ask me all the questions. I'm up for a session of 'who's your daddy and what does he do' .." She grinned then a little more fully, turning back to Alex and Galen, "Galen, you know what I can offer, if you want it, you just ask. Just like when I helped in the other infirmary."

ImiYem would fold her hands in front of her "Well done priest"  she would say and then look to Jasmine and Jaku then to Alex "Elenore? who is elenore?"  its not a polite question as she waits. She begins to notice the disaster of the library, and raises her eyebrows "shit"  she mutters, and then looks about, blushing slightly at her outburst "so, if I can get this straight"  she composes herself "You Captain, helped him and this near fatal incident was a good thing? And had nothing to do with this disaster?"  she asks, gesturing to her newest problem, th elibrary...

"The library was closest. I thought it would be a clean environment because you know it's a library I took to much for granted I'll use the infirmary from now on which I will clean regularly myself if I must." Galen stated, to the general room.

ImiYem would dip her head and look to Jasmine "That is not quite correct"  she says, referring to Galen's explanation "I only offered two choices as I thought the situation urgent, I will take responsibility for this"  and she gestures to the carpet "and will have to explain this"  as she gestures with pale fingers to the disaster that is the rest of the library... and she takes a deep breath, her life as a guard not going so well recently ...

Jasmine nodded to Imi, "I would guess that saving his life, even though he's a bit banged up and .. well, no longer on life support by a bound entity... I guess that was a good thing. I have never been in this library, m'lady. I have my own things to worry about at this time. Including unloading a shit load of salvage and incorporating new crewmates to the Ship." She looked around, "Galen? Cleanest?" She chuckled a little, "My lady..." She turned to Imi again, "I can certainly offer my assistance, and call a few of my crew to help you clean and re-arrange the books, etcetera. If you wish my help, the offer is always on the table."

Galen asked, "Is Mads still around? He has to be two thousand years old by now." He'd keep one wary eye on the patient still in case any disstress came back

Alex shrinks down a bit "I... was possessed." He laughs nervously. He chooses to zip it about the library... for now.  "Elenore is the... antonym for that entity. A false but common name for her." He stares at his knee, noting just how far the dead tissue spread. While the spells helped... well... a lot actually, the thought of amputation and its ramifications was crossing his mind. He looks back at the mess, noting his cowl and much of his torn clothing was still over there... right in the middle of the mess, but his mask and cane were gone. Alex chooses to stay quiet for now.

ImiYem dips her head "I am afraid these books are her majesties property, and in so being our responsibility"  though she gratefully curtsies, tossing her cape behind her gently as she does " We take care of our own matters in the city, you would not wish someone like me coming on to your ship to.. clean up with several of my colleagues I suspect?"  as she gives an example you probably do not wish, a bunch of grey guards snooping about your ship as they "help" and she smiles She looks to Alex and just listens, though her green gaze goes to the withered leg, "you should have that cut off"  she says, gesturing in the general direction of his lower body.. Perhaps unclear about what needs to be cut off.

Jasmine chortled, "The last time I saw Mads he was surrounded by ... ladies and highly enjoying himself. " She looks down at Alex, "And what a possession it was! But, Shadow on Abyss, I thought I was pretty well evenly matched. That could have totally gone the wrong way." She shook her head, "But It didn't." She looked Imi up and down, her chuckle softened, "My lady, if your colleagues caused havoc on my ship, yet you were no part of it, Yes, I would allow you to help me and mine clean up the mess, if you meant to help in earnest." She cuckled lightly again, "They could snoop all they like, for if I am willing to have them help, all things snoopable would be hidden, and I do hide things very well." she gave a polite quarter dip of a bow, "But you are the authority here, and I am informing the Authority of my willingness to cooperate."

Galen Listens to the interplay between the guard and the pirate while keeping an eye on the patient he had nothing to offer about the posession  so he didn't but he would listen. before asking the guard "Would the library  have information about the viking people?"

Alex Raises his eyebrow "Look miss i am not going to flash you... but i swear those bits are fine!" He jests with a quip at the other elf. He looks around for anything he could use as a cane. He sighs, frustrated. "I should come clean about something... though the memory is hazy." He hesitates "I do think the possession started in here. A younger Gentlemen attempted to strike me... Not that i blame him to be perfectly honest." He smiles weakly. He looks up at Galen when he asks his question. "Yes lots... though... much of it is evidence right about now... Apologies."

ImiYem dips her head to Jasmine "It is unnecessary, but thank you, your generous offer of cooperation to the Crown will be noted"  she offers and then raises a single eyebrow "and I would be happy to board your ship and assist"  she offers, amused, sure you are not serious about that, for it would be like the holy grail of grey guard inspection, for pirate ships like Jasmines are legendary, and the intelligence gathered by being aboard would be... immense. She would look to Galen "I am not the librarian"  she offers, as a cop out... She looks to Alex "Lady thank you"  she says, "I was just offering, amputation often soothes the long term issues over the short term attachments"  she says with a small smile.  she sees him looking and withdraws her sword "here, return it, it is my mothers"  she says, extending the valuable blade to the elder elf.

Galen asks"I take it a couple of vikings got into a scuffle or some such in the library and caused the mess in betwixt the queen's books?

Jasmine 's smile curls a little more to Imi, "You would be most welcome aboard the Briny Maid, My Lady. When would you like to board? I will ask Smitty to ready a meal, perhaps on the deck, or on the prow? She is anchored outside of Claw waters at this moment." She watches the offer with the sword, not understanding what Imi was offering or to whom..She looked at Galen, then the whole mess in the room, "Are Jhilsara and Thunder aware of this.. incident?" she asks, then looks down to Alexander, "What would you like done? take the leg, as high up as the hip, one could guess, or much lower. Or we can see if there is something in my .. repertoire that could fix it. Sometimes I keep very old things...useful things... that I get my eye set on."

Alex takes the blade with hesitation, looking down at his leg. He looks to imi and gives her a nod of thanks. He holds the finely crafted weapon in his hand, testing the weight of it. He looks to the other physician "Wh... What... do you think?" he traces his fingers to where the last of the dead tissue was. He thinks deeply about what he is going to do "If this is the case... i... no..." He falls silent, staring at the limb for a long time. "No other options...?" He says in a almost joking manner, his eyes look saddened. He laughs at what he assumes is Galen's joke "Oh no... i did mention earlier... i think my possession started here..." He says this with shame. "this mess may very well be my fault." His eyes light up, hopeful at jasmine's offer. "Well... loosing a leg isnt exactly... ideal." He looks back at where his cane used to be and rolls his eyes "Id love to experience walking without a cane again... but such things might be but a dream at this point..."

ImiYem does not comment, but takes note of what Galen says.  She would simply stand there, Holding her sword out to the elder elf to offer as a cane, for well, she had been raised well.  She looked to the Captain "I will take you up on that captain, thank you"  she says and still holding the sword out as a possible cane she waits, "I will inform the Grey Guard, whom will deal with the issue Captain"  she says. and as the sword is taken she steps back. She still has a dagger, and of course few see the ornamental swords on the wall...

Galen States, "I wouldn't try to amputate your own leg, but you have more experience then me if you think it needs to come off at least let me give you  a sedative first. though I'm not sure if you could work even under a light sedation.  will the leg put you in danger?" I will leave it up to your judgment just tell me what you want to do  if anything."

[09:56] Jasmine nodded, "Galen, Patch up the injury as best you can. I will go do some research in my own small library. I have come across a lot of things that quite possibly could either reverse this damage, or heal it completely, Or if it is unable to heal, To cut it off, and regenerate a whole new leg... Or I can get Tobias to build a leg out of metal and wood. There are many MANY options, since being a sailor as long as I have.." She looked to Galen, "I am pretty sure there is no longer any trace of that entity within his system..." she looked to Imi, "When would you like to board?" she asks simply

[10:01] ImiYem 'tomorrow?"  she says to Jasmine, "Captain?"  she adds, tilting her head "I have never been on a ship" she would admit, the honesty of high elves being a curse "My people are, as you might suspect, of mountains and glades"  and she smiles "It excites me"  though one would not know by her visage. She listens to the solutions for the leg, but of course remains quiet.

[10:02] Galen Darkeyes: Thank you for the assistance Jasmine but next time for fates sake summon a healer first next time! though I guess technically a healer was there to guide  you. and I've treated the injuries at least  the life threating ones do you think I've just been standing around gossiping while someone was dying? I do have a certain level of competency you know this by now."

Alex sighs, feeling a little frustrated that he is still grounded. "I think a leather chord should be used to restrict blood flow... i... do not think i can go more than a day with this much dead tissue attached... by the smell alone...." Alex shakes his head "with how many shots i took to my head today sedatives would undo all your work...I would surely perish" He looks to Jasmine "we... may need to grow a new leg... or prosthetics... replacing that much with wood is hardly functional." He laughs, tying his thigh off with a scrap of material "Maybe i am being picky.... i should speak with you later" He unsheathes the blade he still had in his hand. "Can someone get a firepoke...? i need it red hot." He stares at the limb with determination

Jasmine 's eyebrow goes full people's, cocking at Imi, "You've not sailed, and yet you are right here, on this coast?" She tsk tsks, "Tomorrow it is my lady. I will see that you are greeted with the respect one as yourself will deserve." She looked over at Galen, and being chastised, she then chuckles with an undercurrent of chortle, "Galen! I didn't go looking for this fight! He dropped in my lap, nearly literally! I just decided to clean up a sticky mess! So.. now, the question is, How soon do you want the leg removed? And would the action be alright to take right here? And now?" She looked to the blade being held by Alexander, the one once held by Imi, "I can sever it clean if you would desire, but the blood would flow, and you will need that leather cord to make sure he didn't die as soon as it was severed." She looked around, finding no fire poke, "Let another cut it off for you. You need to concentrate on NOT dying."

ImiYem takes note that the priest and the captain seem to know each other, well.. and so she stands silently, for she thought the priest a newcomer to these lands.   She steps forward and takes her own mothers blade from Alex and walks over to the fire and lays the mythral steel in the fire and stands, watching it redden, then yellow with heat "this blade, elder elf, belonged to my mothers mothers mother, it is more than five thousand years old, it will be an honour for you to have it sever the impediment , and the women of my families legacy will forever remain in the cut.  And once it has brightened to the colour of the sun, she turns and, hilt first, having first wrapped the hilt in the fabric of her cloak to Galen "priest, be swift, my ancestors reside in this tool"  she offers. She looks to Jasmine, "my family blade, the female side of our lineage, is hot enough"  she says, staring at her and then looks to galen, still holding the hot blade.

Galen Sighed, his face looking hesitant but attempted to take the blade, reminding himself it was his job he steeled himself for what he must do but wouldn't act just yet

Alex looks up, a mix of fear and determination is painted across his face. "Hmm... Imi, you know your blade best. It is already tied off. So long as whoever does it does not cut off anything else..." He gives her a knowing look "We will all remain remain friends." He gives her a cheezy smile, trying to bring some levity back.. He gathers the worn fabric away from the cutting line and extends his leg, doing his best to keep it relaxed. He covers his face, and takes deep breaths, preparing for the pain

Jasmine stood back, and was impressed by the Guard's candor. She fingered the ring on one of her fingers, twisting it lightly, hoping she wouldn't HAVE to use it, but with Galen's knowledge and the fact the sword was blinding hot, held ready for the outcome. "Galen, Let the Guard wield her blade, you show her where to strike." She does reach for a small wad of leather cord in one pouch, and leans over, "Bite this, Alexander, you will thank me for the fact you will lose no teeth" she whispered to him

ImiYem looked to Galan and nods, she is willing to do the cut, for she is sure of her hands... as she offers her hand to take the burning hot blade

Galen Looked relieved at the thought of the guard doing it. He would easily acquiesce "I will gladly let the guard do it."  He almost chirps as he gets out of the heavy responsibility of cutting off a limb

Alex bites down, giving her a thankful nod. His eyes meet hers for a long time. He knew what was coming. He covers his face again, denying himself even peripheral vision. The limb slowly relaxes again.

ImiYem looks to Galen "Put your finger on the exact place Priest"  she says "quickly, before the blade cools"  she demands as she draws her arm back

Galen Puts his finger in the air indicating the place where the guard should cut getting close enough to cast a shadow to show the guard but trying to keep his finger from getting chopped all the same and he would quickly say "Here!"

ImiYem raises the sword and glances at Galen, then at Alex "Look, an orc!"  she yells, hopping Alex will look behind himself and she swings, hard, to try for a clean cut at the exact point.. who knows...

Jasmine lifts one hand, as well, drawing the shadows from the corners of the book cases... the air begins to chill around her, and she tilts her head, waiting for the strike to the leg. One freezing tendril of shadow to counter the burning and pain...

Imi rolled against Alexander Daywalker, using 1d20, scoring 5 (5), versus 1d20, scoring 16 (16) for tries to cut clean..., and FAILED!  (5v16)

ImiYem would take a second swing, seeing the weapon hadnt severed completly, its a hard swing...

[10:27] Imi rolled against Alexander Daywalker, using 1d20, scoring 12 (12), versus 1d20, scoring 11 (11) for hard second swing, and SUCCEEDED!  (12v11) - Health now 1

Jasmine dropped the darkness like a cap of black on the leg, the cold to stunt the bloodflow.

Alex shudders as she swings, keeping his face covered in his arm. The limb tensed, causing the sword to partially bounce off the bone. "GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! FUCK!" The poor man's whole body tenses up. before he knew it the blade had entered his leg again to finish the damn job. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! He wails between clenched teeth. his voice muffled by the leather he has bitten into.



[10:28] Jasmine rolled to heal Alexander Daywalker, using 1d1, totalling 1 (1), for Stop the Flow of Blood - Health now 2

Galen said sadly "Sorry I have nothing to to offer you to bite down on."

ImiYem would step back and look to the others "the blade got cold"  she offers and shrugs, for she knew the elf could take it as she reaches down and hoping to assist, picks up the severed leg and holds it.  Yes thats macabre, but Imi's typist heroes are Wednesday Adams... so...

Jasmine 's hands lower to her sides, "He won't die." She looked up at Galen, "I will find my tools." She said in that low, calm monotone...She held her hands out to Imi, "I will dispose of it.. You need to get your people to clean this, and get Alexander to a proper place to heal."

Alex curls up, holding onto the thigh stump. He breathes in and out of his teeth "GGGHHHHHH FUUUUUCKKKK" The man is in agony and fighting to keep conscious.

ImiYem looks to Jasmine, and then looks to the leg "this Captain, is a part of a citizen, I will only release it with his permission and that of the Queen , I shall look forward to your reception on your ship tomorrow as she well, keeps his leg, possessively, for she does know what evil magic can be done with ones body parts, she is well educated...

Jasmine nods, "Then I know you will see to the disposal properly." She said with the curl of a smile, "I will take my leave, then, I have much to research for his well being." she turned on one heel, heading to her small office/library in town

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Apocalypse Part of Speech: Noun Definition: Mass Destruction An Apocalypse (Greek: "Lifting of the veil" or "Revelation"...